All-You-Care-to-Eat dining is coming to UBCO! Located in our newest residence building (Nechako) Pritchard Dining Hall will keep UBCO campus energized and fueled, with seating for close to 500 guests.
What makes this location unique is that it features an all-you-care-to-eat dining experience. Guests are invited to peruse a large selection of food options available at multiple stations throughout the dining hall, allowing them to enjoy as much as their appetite desires!
Location & Hours
Nechako Residence Building
1255 International Mews
|Monday - Sunday||7 AM - 11 PM|
*Station hours vary. Scroll down for hours of each station.
All You Care To Eat Dining
We are excited to bring an All-You-Care-to-Eat dining experience to UBCO campus in fall 2021, with the opening of Pritchard Dining Hall in our new Nechako Residence building.
Our chefs will be creating delicious and nutritious meals from scratch featuring fresh, local ingredients, while taking into account the dietary needs and preferences of our campus community.
Students with an All Access Meal Plan simply swipe their card upon entering the dining hall, and have access to everything being served, as often as they wish!
About the Dining Hall
All-You-Care-To-Eat dining offers students, staff and visitors at Pritchard Dining Hall the opportunity to pay once, and enjoy as much as they care to eat while at the location! Choose between a variety of hot and self-serve stations, which feature a daily and weekly rotation of delicious chef-prepared food, including made-without-gluten and plant-based dishes.
- Food Security. University and college students across Canada are at risk of food insecurity. With a Declining Balance meal plan, if it is not budgeted for use and spread out over 8 months, students can run low on money. An All Access meal plan ensures that all students with the meal plan have access to food throughout the school year, and nobody runs low on meal plan funds. Learn more here.
- Healthy Food is generally more expensive. This meal plan removes barriers to nutritious food by offering a greater variety of meal options without diners feeling compelled to choose meals based on price.
- Eliminating buyer’s remorse. When in restaurants people are less likely to try something new, since they may not like it and still need to pay. Students will have new and different options to try, with the option of choosing something else if it’s not for them.
- The social aspect. There is more to eating than just the food. With all dining taking place in the dining hall, it creates a communal atmosphere. People eat together, promoting greater social interaction.
- Sustainability. While not a direct reason to change to All Access (all you care to eat), an additional benefit is sustainability. Having meals only available in the dining hall eliminates takeout packaging, plastic bottles, disposable coffee cups, and the smaller portion size (since you can go back for more food) ensures that less food is discarded.
Pritchard serves a wide variety of meal options spread across a half-dozen stations, each specializing in a different type of food.
- Stations will have their favourites that are always available, as well as rotating options that change daily.
- Each station always features plant-based and made-without-gluten options.
Due to the nature of the dining plan, there are no take-out meals at Pritchard. Diners can enjoy their meals within the spacious dining hall.
- For those looking for a quick breakfast on the way to an early morning class, there will be fruit, some baked goods, and coffee available to take outside of the dining hall.
We pay close attention to the top allergens, and also have a wide range of options that take into account the needs and preferences of a wide variety of diners.
- Made-without-gluten options are available at every station. That includes made-without-gluten breads, pizza crusts and dessert options. Please let staff know if you have celiac disease, or aren't sure what the made-without-gluten options are at a particular station.
- Plant-based options are available at every station for diners looking for vegetarian or vegan choices.
- All unprocessed chicken is halal.
- Nutritional information will be available on Nutrislice in late September!
We also have a Manager of Nutrition & Wellbeing that can help with finding the right items for you. Learn more here.
Because diners have the opportunity to enjoy as much as they like during their meal, stations serve portions accordingly. These portion sizes:
- help reduce food waste, and
- allow diners to sample a wider variety of options during each meal.
Diners are invited to take more than one plate of a particular dish if they would like a larger serving size, or return for seconds.
Meal Plan & How to Pay
- The All Access Meal Plan is the same as an All-You-Care-To-Eat meal plan, which is just what it sounds like! Students on this plan will have unlimited access to the Residence Dining Hall in Nechako (our new residence building!), with no restrictions on how often you enter, or what you eat.
- This is the new mandatory meal plan (the former being a Declining Balance meal plan) for students in Cassiar, Kalamalka, Nicola, Purcell, Valhalla, Skeena, Nechako, and Similkameen Place.
- The previous Declining Balance Meal Plan was similar to a debit card, in which each time a purchase was made, the cost was deducted from the meal plan. The new All Access Meal Plan does not have a declining balance. Student can go to the Residence Dining Hall in Nechako at any time, eat what they want, and not worry about cost or frequency of visits.
It's open to all students!
- The All-Access Meal Plan is mandatory for students living in Cassiar, Kalamalka, Nicola, Purcell, Valhalla, Skeena, Nechako, and Similkameen Place.
- Those living in suite-style residences or off campus can also purchase a meal plan. In addition to an Optional Meal plan (that is the equivalent to the above mandatory meal plan), they also have the option of purchasing a set number of meals that can be added to their UBCcard. Each time they enter the Residence Dining Hall, a meal is deducted.
Pritchard Dining Hall is open for anyone on campus to eat! Diners not on a meal plan can either:
- purchase a Swipe Plan to pay once, and enter either 25, 50 or 75 times.
- pay at the entrance using cash, credit or debit for their meal (breakfast is $9, lunch is $13 and dinner is $17)
Once inside, enjoy all-you-care-to-eat dining during your visit!
- The All Access portion of the meal plan is only for use in the Residence Dining Hall in Nechako.
- If you are looking to dine outside of the dining hall, then flex dollars can be used at participating locations. Learn more about Flex Dollars here.
- There will still be flex dollars and they can be used at any of the other dining locations on campus, including those operated by the UBCSUO and the off campus partners that we currently have.
Students in Lower/Upper Cascades and Monashee Place, as well as students living off campus can purchase an optional meal for added convenience and savings. These plans can be purchased here.
Any money that you have in Carryover from prior years can still be used at all dining location on campus, including those operated by the UBCSUO, and the off campus partners. Carryover can also be used to pay for an All Access meal at Nechako's Residence Dining Hall.
Have a question about dietary restrictions or allergies? Want to eat healthier but need some help? Our Registered Dietitian can help all students on the Residence Meal Plan.
We provide sustainable, diverse and memorable dining experiences. We believe wholesome, healthy food is a priority because our guests, our food, and our wellbeing matters.
Celebrating a birthday, holiday or special event? Looking for a custom cake, baked goods, or a get-well package to send to someone special?
What do you think?
If you’ve dined recently at UBCO, we want to hear from you! Your feedback helps us to provide the best possible experience.